Lately, mason jars have been all the rage. You see them basically everywhere used as little vases, candle holders, drinking glasses, you name it! Well, now there is another use for them... cake! These individual serving size cakes are great for a barbeque or birthday party and they super easy and fun to make!
We made a delicious vanilla cake with fresh strawberries and cream. This recipe is perfect for the summer, so refreshing! You can use any cake, frosting, and fruit combination that you enjoy. Below are the instructions for the vanilla cake with strawberries in a jar.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 boxed white cake (and the ingredients you will need to make the cake)
- 2 pounds of strawberries
- about 2 tablespoons of sugar (this will be used on the strawberries)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces of cream chese (about 3/4 of the 8 ounce package)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
1. You'll need to make the cake according to the box and give it time to cool.
2. Wash and cut the strawberries into small pieces. Then add 2 tablespoons of sugar to the strawberries and mix in a bowl.
3. To make the cream, beat 2 cups of heavy whipping cream in a mixer.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar.
5. Add in the cream cheese mixture to the whipping cream and mix together until combined.
6. Now for the assembly of the cake in a jar! Crumble a small piece of cake in the bottom layer of the jar. Make sure they are chunks of cake not mashed crumbs.
7. Spoon in a layer of strawberries.
8. Then, spoon in a layer of cream.
9. Keep adding layers until it fills the jar, then top with a strawberry for decoration!
And that's it! This treat is so simple, tasty, and precious! We absolutely loved making (and eating!) it. Hope you enjoy making this as much as we did. Let us know if you try any different flavor combinations :)